18 August 2017
4 September 2017
2 October 2017 -
14 September 2018
10 October 2017
Clayton Utz is proud to support the Arts through the Clayton Utz Art Award. The Award offers a $10,000 winner's prize and exhibition space for the finalists and is awarded to Queensland-based artists or artists with a strong connection to Queensland.
We are looking forward to seeing the rich diversity and quality of this year's entrants, and to see them encouraged in their careers through this prize
View Terms and Conditions here
Conditions of EntryI accept these conditions,
proceed to the online entry form
Please note: If you are experiencing difficulties uploading your entry and are using Internet Explorer, please try using another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.
- Artists must be based in Queensland or have a significant affiliation with the state of Queensland.
- There is no limit to the number of entries an artist may submit. A separate entry form and application fee must accompany each entry.
- Artworks must be the original work of the artist.
- Entries must be submitted via online entry only. Entrants will be asked for the artist’s details, artwork details, a 40 word statement about the artist and a JPEG image for each artwork (files should be 150dpi, no larger than 800 x 800px and not exceed 1MB). A non-refundable $33 entry fee (incl GST) per entry must also be paid online using a credit card, direct deposit or cheque/money order. Entries will not be accepted until entry fee has been received. Receipts will be issued upon request.
- Entries must be received before 11pm Friday, 18 August 2017.
- The competition is open to all mediums excluding video and moving image. The artwork must be wall-mountable and fit within dimensions of 1.5m x 2m.7. Artworks must not exceed 10Kg per panel.
Judging and Exhibition Criteria
- 8. There will be two rounds of judging. In the first round of pre-selection, finalist works will be selected by a panel of judges from Clayton Utz and Lethbridge Gallery based on the images provided upon entry. Finalists shall be notified by 4 September 2017. The judges’ decision will be final and no negotiation will be entered into.
- There will be two rounds of judging. In the first round of pre-selection, finalist works will be selected by a panel of judges from Clayton Utz and Lethbridge Gallery based on the images provided upon entry. Finalists shall be notified by 4 September 2017. The judges’ decision will be final and no negotiation will be entered into.9. Artworks selected for exhibition will be required to be delivered to Clayton Utz, Level 28 Riparian Plaza, 71 Eagle Street, Brisbane between 10am – 4pm on Thursday 28 – Friday 29 September 2017 at the artists’ expense.
- Entries must be suitably framed and ready for hanging including ‘D’ rings and hanging wire. No artworks will be pinned to walls. Please note that wet paintings will not be accepted.
- Entries must be clearly labeled on the back with artist’s name, address, phone number, title of work, year, medium and price.
- Finalists’ artworks must be available for the full 12 month duration of the exhibition period 2 October 2017 - 14 September 2018. Artworks to be displayed will be at the discretion of Clayton Utz.
- Reasonable care will be taken in the handling of the artwork however neither Clayton Utz nor Lethbridge Gallery will be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever caused to any work while in its custody. Insurance for the artwork during the exhibition and in transit remains the responsibility of the artist.
- The winning artwork will be judged by an external judge to be announced.
- The winner of the $10,000 prize money will be awarded at the official opening on Wednesday 10 October 2017.
- The artworks will then be exhibited on the main reception level of the Clayton Utz offices from 2 October 2017 - 14 September 2018.
- A 40% commission will be retained in the event of the artwork being sold. Payment to artists for sold works will be made as soon as the balance has been paid by the buyer.
- Artists are encouraged to notify their representative gallery that the artwork is being entered in the Clayton Utz Art Award. The organizers acknowledge the interest and investment of the representative galleries and will share the commission equally with the gallery nominated in the entry submission.
- By entering, the artist consents to images of their work being reproduced and their biographical information used for the purposes of advertising and publicising the exhibition and for catalogue production.
- At the conclusion of the exhibition all unsold works must be collected from Clayton Utz, Level 28 Riparian Plaza, 71 Eagle Street, Brisbane on 17 September 2018 between 10am – 5pm.
- Any works not collected within the time specified will be stored at Lethbridge Gallery and in the absence of appropriate arrangements at the expiry of a further three months will be deemed to be the property of Lethbridge Gallery and may be disposed of at their discretion.